Wednesday, May 14, 2014

101 Hawker Food House



Finally! I was able to try 101 Hawker  Food House Yey!
A  few years back after getting back to Manila after a trip to Singapore, My friend Winnie and I had this crazy quest to find the best Singaporean Restaurant in Manila, We loved the food in Singapore so much that we went crazy looking for restaurant that offer the same tasting Singaporean food.  On top of the List are Cereal Prawn and Laksa. I really haven’t found any restaurants that serves the same Cereal Prawn that I loved in Singapore, As for the Laksa, the closest one would be the one from Toast Box. Some of the best restaurants that we got to try that has some awesome Singaporean Food are:

  • ·         Malacca in Makati Jupiter we got to try it few years back but I think it’s already closed.
  • ·         Tao Yuan in Malate
  • ·         Toast Box
  • ·         Banana Leaf at the Podium
It’s just too bad that I don’t have my multiply account anymore that’s where I blogged about my food adventures before.

                So back to 101 Hawker Food House, We had to run some errands that day around Makati and I was with Winnie so I told her that we try this Singaporean food joint I’ve been wanting to be visit since. I heard a lot of good reviews about it before. So after our errand we braved the heat of the Makati Streets and walked our way to 101 Hawker Food House.  Winnie’s strictest rule was not to over order.. ok fine! :P  So we just got our favorites, hers the Laksa and mine the cereal prawn. We also got the Beef Satay and it’s just too bad that they didn’t have the Prata Roti with Curry which we missed so much. I was contemplating  on getting myself the Milo Dinosaur, but decided not to, Since I felt so guilty after getting Starbucks’ Caramel Ribbon Crunch Venti and the Chocolate Layered Crepe Cake for breakfast.
Verdict: its was OK.





The cereal prawn didn’t have that sort of sweet taste from the cereal, the only saving grace was they have big prawns. It was good in its own way but still the not same cereal prawn I was looking for from Singapore.



 The Satay was good the curry sauce that came with it looks more of a peanut sauce than curry. Its weird in a good way the taste was a combination of curry and sweet peanut sauce.



 The 101 Prawn Laksa didn’t taste like the authentic Laksa. It tasted creamy like somebody messed up their carbonara sauce and it didn’t end up thick and it ended up in our bowl of Laksa. No hint of coconut cream just plain ol' cream and butter in our Laksa. I don’t know if it’s because it’s their own recipe of Laksa but Laksa is supposed to be a bit spicy with coconut milk.

Would I be coming back? Hell yeah! I haven’t tried their Chili Crab, Sambal and Roti Prata and becauseI believe in second chances ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment