Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Good Mornings at Catanduanes



          Beautiful mornings are made of these...and of course coffee! :) Check out 2 of the spots to spend sunrise watching in Catanduanes. Makes sure to wake up really early for these breathtaking views and I assure you it looks much more awesome in real life, its definitely worth waking up really early for. I've been working for a decade now in the night shift and waking up to this breathtaking view is really a blessing.

Balacay Point

          I  woke up around 4 AM and left before 5 to get to this place. Its such a beautiful place to see the sunrise at Catanduanes. I hired a tryc to get to this place but I highly suggest just to get a habal habal its cheaper and faster that way. The lady from Puraran Surf Camp arranged the habal habal for me so no need to worry about getting a contact for a habal habal because they can arrange it for you.( I tried to get the number of my guide but he just referred me to the resort.. so nope, sorry I dont have their contact info)


Waking up this morning, I smile. 24 brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment.


You have to get up every morning and tell yourself I can do this.

The sun meets the sea.. and I get to witness it.



Binurong Point

At around 6:30 we headed back to Puraran Surf Camp and got breakfast, The habal habal driver/tour guide said that there will be a 25 minutes trek going up Binurong Point and a lot of walking to be able to check out the place and advised us to eat a heavy breakfast and bring water before leaving for Binurong Point. Around 7:30 we left for Binurong Point, the 25 minute trek felt like forever to me because I'm not used to trekking and I didn't physically prepare for any trekking, But after getting to the top, I guess it was all worth it! I didn't have much pictures because going up, because I slipped and was scared that I would trip or something so I was just focused on the trek going up and down and I just could not believe how beautiful the place was and I was just in the moment and absorbing it all.


Ride to Binurong Point
That obligatory turista shot :)
 
Land and the seas


I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.



 


When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.



          The places were a sight to behold but the trek was, well for the lazy kind of person like me was a work out but totally worth it. Just a few points when going to these place, make sure pack with you water, SPF protection and you can bring some food too, you can do picnics and such but please practice LNT (Leave No Trace). A part of the Balacay Point is already dirty because of inconsiderate people who left their beverage bottles and cans and their junk wrappers all over the place. Lets not do this to mother nature please :(


          Check out my Instagram (ohhmygeeitsme) for more pictures.
          This blog post is part of my The Awesome Island called CATANDUANES article. Check it out by clicking on the title link.
      
          Thanks so much! ^_^




https://www.instagram.com/ohhmygeeitsme/


Facebook: /OhMyGeeItsMe

No comments:

Post a Comment