Saturday, February 20, 2016

Behold Bohol Day 04: Aloha Alona Beach Panglao


Day 4

         I checked out early at 1Peace Beach Resort, at around 7:00 AM and rode a tryc going to Guindulman where I could get a van going back to Tagbilaran. There is a bus in Anda bound for Tagbilaran but I didn't want to wait so I went to Guindulman and got a van from there bound for Tagbilaran. When I told the conductor where I wanted to be dropped off they were not familiar with the street so they just dropped me somewhere in Tagbilaran and they asked me to get a tryc as they are more familiar with the streets there. I got in a tryc and went to Gerarda's for lunch. (Check out my restaurant review here.) I initially was thinking of hiring a tryc to take me to Panglao which would cost me Php 300 from Tagbilaran, but because of the staff from Gerarda's who taught me how to get to Panglao, I got there for less than Php 50. From Gerarda's I got in a tryc (Php 9.00) to take me to the Jeep terminal beside the Bohol Museum where there are jeeps (Php 20.00) bound for Panglao.

         This is the first time I've tried an "extension seat" in a jeep. I told the person that was getting people inside the jeep that I'll just wait for the next jeep and he said that it would take 30 minutes for another jeep arrive and insisted I get on the jeep and not to worry because the jeep still has space in it, he got my big backpack and placed it on top of the Jeepney. The space he was referring was the tiny space in the entrance of the jeep where he placed a small wooded stool called "extension". I hopped in and threw all the care I had in the air, Im going to Panglao ~local style! After a few minutes after we left and just when I thought that the jeep was already filled up since I was the one seated in the entrance, girls of all ages from teens to elders got in the jeep in front of me standing and made "sabit" 4 girls to be exact. Not a care in the world one was even texting. :) 

         I checked in at Bohol Coco Farm, again without any reservations, I got lucky to get in a room shared with 2 other female solo travelers. (Check out my Bohol Coco Farm review here.)  After checking in I got in a tryc and headed for Bohol Bee Farm to check out the place. I initially wanted to get coffee here and stay for a while but I was running short of time I still wanted to check out 2 beaches. So I just roamed around the place and got ice cream. :) 

Like the Bohol Coco Farm, the Bohol Bee farm is all about organic stuff. They have a cafe, a dining area, a store for wide array of pasalubong items, Bakery, they also have accommodations available and Ice Cream Parlor.
Dont Panic! Its Organic! :)
indoor pool




Tourista Mode. Too bad they didn't have the sili flavor.
I got to taste the Malunggay and Ginger Ice cream both were good but I prefer the Coco Rhum ^_^ Cheers!

         After Bohol Bee Farm, the tryc I hired to get here offered to wait for me and bring me to Alona Beach.


         Alona Beach is located in Panglao Island, Philippines. It is situated around 20 kilometres from Tagbilaran. It is one of the most famous tourist spots in the Bohol province, because of its white sand and the rocky cliffs surrounding it. They say this is the Boracay of Bohol. True enough there are lots of establishments lined up the shore of Alona Beach.

Aloha Alona! <3 Baymax




It would've been a beautiful scene if the Sun had come out. Its been drizzling since I got here.
I walked the whole stretch of Alona Beach in search of the most inexpensive seafood dinner
unfortunately it rained so hard I ended up getting a Seafood Pizza instead
  
Le Seafood Pizza ^_^
         After dinner and after it stopped raining,  I went to the tryc terminal to head back to where I was staying. I chilled for a while at the Bohol Coco Farm resto and got dessert.

Coconut and milk + Camote Top Juice

          At 9:00 PM I went back to my room and called it a day. Day 4: Success! :)



         Check out my Instagram (ohhmygeeitsme) for more pictures.
         This blog post is part of my Wandering through Bohol article. Check it out by clicking on the title link.
         Thanks so much! ^_^


https://www.instagram.com/ohhmygeeitsme/

Facebook: /OhMyGeeItsMe





No comments:

Post a Comment