Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Gerarda's Restaurant Experience



         I've been reading alot of good reviews about Gerarda's. I so badly want to try it on my first day at Tagbilaran but because I was dead tired from the countryside tour I didn't have the energy to go out for dinner anymore. I decided to have lunch here before heading to Panglao. One of the best decisions ever. Aside from their great food, the staff was really helpful and I was able to save a few hundred pesos heading to Panglao. I initially was thinking of hiring a tryc to take me to Panglao which would cost me Php 300 from Tagbilaran, but because of the staff from Gerarda's who taught me how to get to Panglao, I got there for less than Php 50. Ahhlaveet! <3 

         Gerarda’s is an old house converted into a simple yet elegant restaurant. The place looks homey and has that cozy vibe. Its like coming to your grandparent's home for weekend lunch. A must-go-to place when in Tagbilaran.You get great value for  you money.

         The servers were really helpful from the time I came in till I left. The person at the gate offered to take my big back pack and showed me my table. When I asked them for directions how to go to Panglao, the person I asked didn't really know how but asked the other servers, He didn't really have to but they got out of their way to help me out, One server even got me a sketch going to the jeep terminal. Lovely staff you have Gerarda's! Kudos! :) Daghang Salamat! <3


I seriously wanted to order everything here but I was alone in this trip.
Maybe I'd try the Kare Kare and Tadyang the next time I come back :)
 


One of the bestsellers in the menu: Dinakdakan Php 210

Rice please! ^_^

  I love how I could taste ginger and its not all too sweet

One rice for me...and one for... Baymax!!! :P

Black Sambo and Mango Pandan Php 40 each

Black Sambo: creamy chocolate goodness

I guess if you want a little twist to the classic buko pandan substitute the buko with mango.
Its like mango sago with pandan to better put it. I guess it might have worked out for me if the mango was all sweet

         Gerarda's Restaurant has earned several awards for being the best, TripAdvisor awarded them recently.. again for 2015. Well that came in as no surprise as this restaurant is really awesome. I'd definitely come back! 


P.S. Best way to get here would be riding a tryc.


Gerarda's Restaurant
Address: 30 J.S. Torralba St, Tagbilaran City, Bohol



         Check out my Instagram (ohhmygeeitsme) for more pictures.
         This blog post is part of my Wandering through Bohol article. Check it out by clicking on the title link.
         Thanks so much! ^_^


https://www.instagram.com/ohhmygeeitsme/

Facebook: /OhMyGeeItsMe

No comments:

Post a Comment