Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Tamayaki Experience


I finally got to try this Takoyaki joint at SM North, I've always wondered why its always empty despite the really kawaii interiors, and I got my answer. 

Its soooooooooooooo cold inside XD hehehe...

Skip the rice meals If i were you and stick with the milk teas and Takoyaki. The Takoyaki were a little steep, price ranges from Php 95 - Php 115, consist of 4 Takoyaki balls.

The Service was slow, considering that there were only 2 customers (Me and my sister) and  there were a lot of crew at that time.

And I just have to mention this... Everytime I eat a Takoyaki I remember the Takoyaki Manto Man, a Japanese Anime/Cartoon back in the 90's.

"♪♫Tako tako tako tako tako tako tako takoyaki manto man! ♪♫"
Takoyaki Manto Man
***Credits to the owners of the picture and video***


 Haha I'm sorry I'm so weird for singing that :)

Self Service Counter

Cute Character of Tama Yaki




The Place



Takoyaki Menu



Le Menu

Beef Gyudod at Php 165.00


Japanese Braised Pork at Php 155.00
 The Rice Meals were also a little steep considering the taste it was not at all impressive. 
Scale of 1-5 points 5 points being the highest, I give it a 1  for taste and Price.
These were served first and It was already cold when it got to our table.


Kawaii Takoyaki Boxes





Season Octopus and Kani and Shrimp Takoyaki and Tamayaki Milk Tea With Pearls




Takoyaki Balls burried in sauces, bonito flakes and nori



Its interesting to have satay flavor on your takoyaki, Its weird...and I like that they didn't skimp on the "octopus" or squid hihihi :)

Overall it was OK. I like the interiors, the service is not all good, again considering there we just 2 people it took forever to get the orders I understand that they have to cook the Takoyaki balls, but the rice meals? I think they just toss it in the microwave to heat it, but still it took forever to get em' plus it came to us cold already. The Milk Tea was OK too. I hope they improve on their service its such a nice place to hang out and get your milk tea fix.


If I'm ever gonna crave for Milk Tea I'd go someplace else, and for Takoyaki I'd still go to Samurai Takoyaki hihi... or the kind the you get from Mercato or Food Bazaar, way cheaper plus taste good too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment